Friday, March 1, 2013

2 Months Down... 10 More To Go!

Well, it's been two months now since I started my 365 Create project, and I can't believe how the time is flying. I'm also looking forward to how far I've come at the end of the year, but in order to improve, well, you've got to practice. You have to branch out and try new things... hence this exercise. I am a big fan of Matt Kohr and his Website Ctrl+Paint. He would post a video every Tuesday and Thursday about art-related topics, and he explained the concepts very well, but in recent weeks I noticed there weren't any updates coming through on my phone's Google Reader app. Did he die? Did he get sick?

Nope, he just changed the format of the site. From now on, he's doing one blog post per week, and it seems he's trying to focus on engaging his fanbase with creation prompts.

This week, the goal was to take 1 object and render it in 3 different styles. After a bit of thinking, I chose a 2x2 Lego brick as my subject matter.

From left to right:

1.) Realistic style
2.) Cel-shaded style
3.) 8-Bit/pixelated style





Anyhow, this is what I created tonight... the realistic one took the most time, of course, but the pixelated version is a close second. It's my first time doing pixel art in Photoshop, and I actually painted that version first, before all the others. It's actually sort of fun, although a bit tedious at times. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment