Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Bit of a Bacchanalia

Number two in the getting-things-up-to-date series... this is a "still life" of sorts, although the subject was a picture instead of an actual scene I set up in reality. However, in this picture, I still chose colors strictly from observation, rather than using the Eyedropper tool. In fact, all of the pieces since my landscape thumbnails are done this way.

I have forgone the Eyedropper tool in Photoshop, because it is definitely a crutch. If I had the financial resources and the time to paint with canvas, brush, and oils, I would have to choose my colors and mix them just using my eyes and my brain... and so that is my goal from now on. If it takes longer, so be it... it's a useful skill to develop for any artist.

Enjoy! And have a glass while you're at it! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment