Sunday, March 10, 2013

Daylight Losings Time

Well, tonight I did some more of the color picking exercises that I did the other day... it's a skill I have yet to hone, considering how long it takes me to paint these little thumbnail sketches. However, with time and practice, I am confident that I can get better at choosing colors, and thus producing many more of these little practice thumbnails than I can at the moment.

Gotta start somewhere right?

Anyhow, here are the four thumbnail landscapes I did today... as with the last exercise, I Googled "landscapes" and loaded up all the Image results, and then chose the ones that appealed to me the most. Then I opened Photoshop, closely observed each image, and tried to replicate the colors just by looking. The aim is accuracy in color, and composition falls a bit to the wayside. I still tried to replicate the images as closely as possible, but for the sake of speed and my sanity, my primary goal was just colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment