Thursday, February 21, 2013

January 21st - Krause's 3 Laws of Creation

Well, Wednesday night, working two jobs caught up with me while relaxing with a book. After waking up in the middle of the night, I decided to take my Wednesday creation and push it into Thursday.

I realized from my incident Wednesday night/Thursday morning that there are certain conditions/rules that I need to enforce in order to keep up with the task before me. Since I work two jobs, often both in the same day, these rules will help me stay on track. Here are my 3 Laws of Creation:

  • I need to get more than three or four hours of sleep each night to stay motivated, productive, and energetic.
  • I need to finish my creating/learning sooner rather than later in the night, so I can get that sleep.
  • I need to have at least a rough agenda of tasks to accomplish, so that I can get my creating and learning done.

Although this blog is being used to update progress in my year-long project, I am also learning HTML and CSS so that I can create an actual Web page for myself, my art, and other things.

So far tonight, I've practiced a lot of basic HTML stuff, and also put to use some of my random HTML knowledge from the past. I'm using an awesome site called Code Academy, which is a tremendously helpful resource for someone with rusty HTML skills and desire to also learn CSS and more.

I've been playing around with the HTML since around 9:30 PM, and in 30 minutes, I'll take a break for a few minutes, then it's time to start working on the art.

I'll be posting more as the night goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment