Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Boy, it sure is easy to forget to post here, huh? More new stuff

Well, as you can see, it's been a little while since I posted here... still going strong on Facebook, so I was surprised to check here and see that's it's been about 3 weeks since my last post :O

Anyhow, here are some things to get up to speed... first, I did a bit of doodling, trying to imagine a bizarre fictional creature. Sort of a plant/insect/fungus hybrid.

I first sketched out some rough concept sketches, and then painted some tiny thumbnail sketches. The color sketches on the left are the sort of "seed" or "spore" phase of this creature. It's released from it's "mother" and then gets carried by the wind, where it will fertilize others of its species, or land on the ground and burrow in, shown on the right.



I then took that tiny thumbnail, enlarged it, and started to add more detail to it... I eventually got distracted by wanting to draw and paint other things, but this is something that still interests me, and I plan to play with it some more.






No comments:

Post a Comment